Amethyst is a very powerful and protective crystal, and is a first choice of many metaphysicians. Amethyst was used in ancient times to recover from both physical addictions as well as addictive relationships, and became know as the “stone of sobriety”. A natural stress reliever, Amethyst can encourage inner strength.
The strong healing energy of Amethyst can transmute lower vibrations to higher frequencies, transforming negative energy to love energy.
Amethyst connects the physical plane with higher realm, making it a good choice when working with the Third Eye Chakra. Amethyst also provides a wonderful peaceful energy for meditations, and helps with developing intuition and psychic abilities.
Amethyst opens and activates the Crown Chakra as well, allowing easier access to the divine. Amethyst enhances spiritual awareness and spiritual wisdom, promoting a higher state of consciousness. Amethyst clears and repairs holes in the aura and draws in Divine energy, as well as aligning and fostering cooperation between the energy bodies.
- Primary Chakra: Third Eye, Crown
- Astrological sign(s): Pisces, Virgo, Aquarius, Capricorn
- Vibration: Number 3
- Stone Type/Family: Member of the Quartz family
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Chemical Composition: (SiO2) Silicon Dioxide
- Hardness: 7
- Color: Pale lilac to deep, purple grape
- Location: Africa, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Russia Uruguay, and the USA
- Rarity: Widespread Availability
Fun Fact: Amethyst is also known as the ’Bishop’s Stone’ because Catholic bishops still wear rings set with this lovely gem.
Source: healingcrystals.com Image found on Google Images.